Interesting Weather Facts
Here is a list of all the interesting weather facts which you didn’t know. These facts will amaze you, and you will find that there are a lot of fun interesting facts about the weather which you didn’t know until now !
Interesting Weather Facts List :
- the naming of hurricanes and tropical storms officially began in 1953!
- the wind doesn’t make a sound until it blows against an object!
- At any given time, on average there are about 1800 thunderstorms occurring on earth with 100 lightning strikes per second!
- For each minute of the day, 1 billion tonnes of rain falls on the earth!
- A molecule of water will stay in earth’s atmosphere for an average duration of 10-12 days!
- Every second around 100 lightning bolts strike the Earth!
- The fastest speed a falling raindrop can hit you is 18 mph!
- Highest Temperature Recorded on earth is 134°F (56.7°C) at Greenland Ranch in Death Valley, California,on July 10, 1913!
- Lowest Temperature Recorded on earth -128.5°F (-89.2°C) at Vostok, Antarctica on July 21, 1983!
- A cubic mile of ordinary fog contains less than a gallon of water!
- In 1899, it was so cold that the Mississippi river froze over its entire length!
- The air located around a lightning bolt is heated to around 30,000-degree celsius. This is 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun!
- The average width of a tornado’s funnel averages about 100 to 200 yards, but it may be as wide as a mile!
- Snowflakes falling at 2-4 mph can take up to 1 hour to reach the ground!
- The country most affected by tornadoes is the USA which faces on average 1200 tornadoes every year!