20 Facts about Left Handed People
Here is a list of 20 interesting facts about left-handed people which you probably didn’t know. These facts will amaze you, and you will find that there are a lot of fun and interesting facts about left handers which you weren’t aware of!
Interesting Left Handed People Facts:
- 10% of the world’s population is left-handed!
- Few of the famous left-handed people are Napoleon, Da Vinci, Einstein, Newton, Bill Gates, Oprah, Obama, Hugh Jackman and Bradd Pitt!
- Since 1996, every August 13th is celebrated as “Left-Handers Day“!
- They are more likely to be on extreme poles of the intelligence scale, that is, either have a very high IQ or a low one!
- Left-handed people are more likely to be insomniacs!
- More than 2,500 left-handed people are killed every year by using equipment meant for right-handed people!
- On an average, left-handed people die 3 years earlier than right-handed people!
- They are more prone to migraines, compared to right-handed people!
- According to research, they are better at multitasking!
- On an average, there are more left-handed people with IQs over 140 than right-handed people, according to a study!
- They process things faster while playing video games or sports!
- According to a study, left-handed college graduates on average become 26% richer than right-handed graduates!
- Homosexuals are 39% more likely to be left-handed!
- They tend to chew on the left side of the mouth, as compared to right-handed people who tend to chew on the right side!
- According to studies, prematurely born babies are more likely to be left-handed!
- Inherited genes account for just 25% of the chance of being left-handed, according to a study!
- They are more likely to pursue creative careers!
- Soldiers who are left-handed prepare and throw grenades upside down because of how the safety pin is placed!
- According to research, left-handed people are affected by post-traumatic stress far more than right-handed people!
- They are three times more likely to become alcoholics as the right side of the brain has a lower tolerance to alcohol!