Here is a list of 10 interesting facts about Disney which you didn’t know. These facts will amaze you, and you will find that there are a lot of fun and interesting facts about Disney Studios, Disney World, Disney Movies and Walt Disney himself which you didn’t know until now.
Interesting Disney Facts List:
- Walt Disney’s personal favourite character was Goofy.
- Walt Disney held the patent for Technicolor for a few years, making him the only animator allowed to make colour films.
- Clarence Nash, who gave the voice to Donald Duck, also created the dog barks for 101 Dalmations.
- Simba is Swahili for ‘lion’, while Bhalu (Baloo) means ‘bear’ in Hindi.
- Want a special gift for your wedding? if you send Mickey and Minnie Mouse an invitation to your wedding they’ll send you back an autographed photo and a ‘Just Married’ badge. Or if you send Cinderella and Prince Charming an invitation to your big day, you’ll get an autographed congratulatory certificate.
- Wall-E, the fan-favourite rubbish compactor was named after Walter Elias Disney himself.
- In 1938, Walt Disney was presented with one normal-sized honorary Oscar and seven little Oscars for Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
- The first animated character to receive a star on the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame was Mickey Mouse.
- Wayne Anthony Allwine, who was the voice of Mickey Mouse for 32 years married Russi Taylor, who played Minnie, in 1991. The two had a successful marriage until Allwine’s death in 2009.
- Until Brave was made, Ariel was the only Disney princess to have siblings – the rest are all only children.