20 Interesting Facts About Cats
Here is a list of top 10 interesting facts about cats which you didn’t know. These facts will amaze you, and you will find that there are a lot of fun and interesting facts about one of the world’s most favourite pet which you didn’t know until now!
Interesting Cat Facts:
- Cats have brilliant night vision enabling them to see objects in 6 times dimmer light than humans!
- On average cats spend 2/3rd of their day sleeping!
- Cat kidneys are so efficient they are able to rehydrate by drinking seawater!
- Cats can’t taste sweet things!
- Cats can fit into any opening of the size of their head because they don’t have a collarbone!
- Cats can’t chew large chunks of food because their jaws are unable to move sideways!
- Cats can’t eat large chunks of food since their jaws can’t move sideways!
- In China, more than 4 million cats are eaten every year!
- The ‘Cat Flap’ in doors was invented by Isaac Newton!
- Cats make around 100 different noises, while dogs only make 10!
- Black cats are considered to bring good luck in Japan!
- A cat called “Dusty” from Texas, USA produced 420 kittens during her breeding life, a world record!
- Just like each human being has a unique fingerprint, each cat has a unique nose print!
- According to a research, owning a cat can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes by more than a third!
- Ancient Egyptians shaved off their eyebrows to mourn the death of their cats!
- There are more than 500 million domestic cats around the globe, from around 40 known species!
- In Ancient Egypt, killing a cat, even by accident, resulted in a death penalty!
- Cats can get sick or die from eating chocolate!
- Cats can attain a maximum speed of about 50 km/h over a short distance!
- A cat’s heart beats nearly twice as fast as a human heart, beating 110-140 times a minute!